Nuclear and Power Transmission
Heysham ‘A’ & Hartlepool Nuclear Power Stations
Project: British Energy – Heysham ‘A’ & Hartlepool Boiler Tube Leak Detection System
Contract Value Range: +£30 Million
Project & Services: The two AGR sites located in Northern England each have 2 reactors. In order to extend the life of the reactor boilers various modifications were required to the control circuits including tie-ins, pressure sensing equipment, cabling, relay panels, logic cubicles, UPS, control room alarms and training simulator software.
Plan Ahead’s consultant provided project controls liaison between the design team in Knutsford, the Client’s safety case/analytical team at Barnwood, and the implementation teams on site, to ensure that work was undertake in the most expeditious manner in order to meet the client’s NII commitments whilst at the same time keeping the reactors operational.
- Sizewell ‘B’ Nuclear Power Station
- Heysham ‘A’ & Hartlepool Nuclear Power Stations
- Capenhurst Uranium Enrichment Facility
- Sellafield Nuclear Reprocessing Plant
- CONOCO Immingham CCGT Power Station
- Cikarang CCGT Power Station, Indonesia
- National Grid Core Construction UK
- National Grid Transmission USA