400,000 tpa, Methylene Diphenyl Disocyanate (MDI) production facility, Rotterdam, Holland
Project: Proposed Huntsman 400,000 tpa MDI production facility, Rotterdam, Holland
Client: Huntsman / Driver Consult
Contract Value Range: US $400 Million
Project & Services: Located in Rotterdam, Holland. The project consists of the EPC of a US$ 400m, 400,000 tonne per year MDI (Methylene Diphenyl Disocyanate) plant to be built by Huntsman Corporation.
Plan Ahead consultants undertook ‘due diligence’ studies relating to planning issues associated with the constructability of the project advising on various issues such as offsite modularisation of the plant, likely timescale and critical path.
12,000 tpa, Common Sulphur Project, Ras Laffan, Qatar
Project:12,000 tpa, Common Sulphur Project, Ras Laffan, Qatar
Client: Washington Group International /Al Jabar Consortium (WGI/AJ) via Quantum International Consulting
Contract Value Range: US $ 700 Million
Project & Services: Located in Ras Laffan, Qatar. The EPC of a 12,000 tonnes per day common sulphur granulation facility including a 180,000 tons sulphur storage building complete with stacker/re-claimers, two pipelines each 17.5 km long and two ship loaders as well as associated facilities. The sulphur is a by-product sourced from Ras Laffan’s LNG, GTL and NGL producers to ensure uninterrupted commercial operations of these plants which are the largest of their kind in the in the world ultimately treating over 10 billion cfd.
A Plan Ahead consultant undertook studies to establish the key areas the EPC JV should focus their data collection around in-order to produce the most robust case for a significant Extension of Time (EOT) claim.
- Potassium Hydroxide – KOH, Plant (using membrane cell technology) Runcorn, Cheshire
- 2,500 tpa Amoxicillin Plant, Jurong, Singapore
- 12,000 tpa, Common Sulphur Project, Ras Laffan, Qatar
- 50,000 tpa, Polystyrene plant and Styrene Monomer ship unloading/storage, Manchester
- 400,000 tpa, Methylene Diphenyl Disocyanate (MDI) production facility, Rotterdam, Holland
- Sodium Borohydride (NaBH4), Delfzijl, Holland
- 120,000 tba Methyl MethAcrylate (MMA), Jurong Island, Singapore